We are recruiting for a Build Site Manager to work for a top tier contractor on a permanent basis, in one of the most desired places in New Zealand- Queenstown! The work will involve being a part of a team delivering a range of commercial building projects with values ranging from $1m to $20m.
The company you will be working for is a national construction company with regional branches in many regions across New Zealand. They have an extensive and diverse portfolio that covers major infrastructure, commercial new builds, fit out, design, and renovation. No matter the size or complexity of the project they are known for delivering their projects to the highest of standards and honouring clients budget and architectural vision.
For this position, your key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Leading, supporting and assisting a group of carpenters/apprentice carpenters to ensure well executed projects.
- Lead Tool Box meetings and have oversight of quality of work carried out to minimize rework.
- Complete time sheets daily to ensure your team are paid.
- Provide direction, co-ordination, execution, control and completion of specific work ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals as delegated by the Project Manager.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships that establish credibility and rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Licensed Building Practitioner (required).
- Gold Card or higher (preferred).
- Proven ability to contribute to the delivery of a profit to the business.
- Previously worked as a Site Manager, Contract Manager, Building Manager Supervisor.
- Negotiation skills with the ability to define and articulate information, concepts and influence people and manage conflicting interests.
- Experience with Microsoft outlook, word, excel and project.
- Adaptability in responding to different ideas, situations and people.
- Understanding of Zero Harm in the work place.
- Current Drivers Licence.
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary and package, ongoing training, potential relocation, and a great work life balance.
If you are looking for a change and to further your career in building and construction, please apply now!