We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified carpenter/joiner to join our team in Auckland.
You will be responsible fo cnstructing, erecting, installing, and repairing structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, and cuts, shapes and fit timber parts to firm structures and fittings using hand tools, machinery and power tools.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects specific type of lumber or other materials. Prepares layout, using rule, framing square, and calipers.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials, using pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes. Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter's level. Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring.
- Builds stairs and lays out and installs partitions and cabinet work.
- Covers subfloor with building paper to keep out moisture and lays hardwood, parquet, and wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Applies shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware, such as locks, letter drops, and kick plates.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level. May weld metal parts to steel structural members.
- Any other duty the company or the client may require.
Candidate must have:
- 2 years trade experience.
- Be physically fit.
- Interpret drawings.
- Ensure projects are on time.
- Meet company's standards.
- Meet all OH&S requirements.
- Be a hands on person and not afraid to get your hands dirty and help staff.
- Clear written and communication skills.
Team fit is essential, as is your ability to work unsupervised. You must be able to pass a pre employment drug test.
Good remuneration and working conditions are on offer to the successful applicants.
If this opportunity sounds like you, do not hesitate apply online today!