Who we are?
Canstaff is a New Zealand owned and operated Recruitment and labour hire company. Canstaff is an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer with offices throughout New Zealand, specializing in Construction, Engineering, Civil Construction, Logistics, and Manufacturing sectors.
We're seeking experienced hammer hands and carpenters who have a minimum of three years’ experience, to join our client’s team in the Queenstown Lakes District.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Be health and safety conscious
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Show initiative and enthusiasm and be able to multi-task
- Have good communication skills
- Able to pass a drug test
- Have reliable transport essential.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Produce work using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assemble cut and shaped materials and fasten them together.
- Construct framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards.
- Nailing fascia panels, sheathing roofs, and fitting exterior wall cladding.
- Cutting wood joints.
- Apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening and decorative panelling to ceilings and walls.
- Fit and install prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim and finish hardware.
- Construct concrete formwork and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Other duties as required.
If this role sounds like you, apply today