This role will suit a semi-retired person who has been successful in the primary industry.
The position is casual and will be contracted to deliver sessions as required, this could be for blocks, individual days or semi-regular based on course bookings. Above all, this position requires flexibility
This position requires a self-starter as they will be responsible for the execution of their duties with minimal supervision.
This would be a contracted position with the rate negotiable based on skills and experience.
Tutors Skills Requirements:
Tutors use a variety of soft skills and specialised academic knowledge to provide the most comprehensive help they can. These skills can include:
- A good working knowledge of a specific skills sets, farm vehicles, fencing, stock handling, water and irrigation.
- Strong verbal communication skills to clearly explain concepts, provide instructions and deliver feedback
- Ability to motivate and encourage students to improve their performance.
- Creativity and flexibility in order to personalise their learning approach for individual students.
- Patience and compassion for students as they develop skills and improve their performance.
- Previously demonstrated primary industry experience
Tutors are responsible for leading one-on-one or small group lessons that cater to the needs and goals of their students.
They often have the following other responsibilities:
- Reviewing classroom or curricula topics and assignments
- Assisting students with projects and assessment preparation
- Working with students to help them understand key concepts.
- Teaching skills to improve performance, including learning strategies, skills to practice.
- Demonstrating industry best practices for specific disciplines
- Conducting practice tests to track progress, identify areas of improvement and help set goals.
- Providing students positive and constructive feedback.
- Offering feedback on progress to students' employers.