We have a construction company in Central Otago that require a Machine Operator / Truck Driver to work on their civil and earthworks projects.
This is a Monday to Friday role however there may be some weekend work. The position is initially on a contract basis but will become permanent for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Operate the excavator up to 20Tonne and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary
- Filling up containers and trucks with the excavator.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction-related duties as required.
- Safety and quality-focused (Site Safe)
- Environmental adaptability - working inside and outside in all weather conditions, and various locations.
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- Experience in operating of W / T / F (Wheeled, Digger, Tracked or Forklift) vehicles up to 20 tonne
- Class 4 or 5 driver license
- Relevant industry knowledge and experience for at least 2-3 years.
- You will need to be physically fit and have the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
Please get in touch if you are interested in the above role, you can be assured of complete confidentiality in your application.
Great rates and conditions are on offer for successful candidates, please apply online now if you have got what it takes!